Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

Well my sister beat me to the punch, but I wanted to start my gratitude blogs today. I would like to jump on the blog wagon and dedicate everyday in November to something I am grateful for. I have really enjoyed reading peoples comments on what they are grateful for and they have inspired me to start. So starting today at 10:00 at night is easy because it is my dad's birthday today and so I would like to start my first day of gratitude with my dad. I don't even know where to begin except that he has taught me so much throughout my life. My biggest lesson learned from my dad is to have a passion for the gospel. I remember waking up every morning for seminary and coming out to the living room and either seeing my dad kneeling in prayer or reading the scriptures. In high school I used to go to every fireside or talk that he gave. I still like to go to whatever he is teaching. He is an unbelievable speaker with an enthusiasm like none other. He has been a great dad and especially a great grandpa to his grandchildren. They love spending time with him, whether it is lunch at Jack in the Box or going to spring training with him. We always have fun with grandpa. Thank you for all you do for us dad. We love you!!!
(Sorry for so many pictures but I couldn't pick just a couple.)






CLASSIC DAD MOMENT

3 comments:

Pyatt said...

THose are such cute pictures!! Too bad dad was sick on his birthday...see ya later!...and welcome to the bandwagon!:)

karen louise said...

I've always been impressed with both your mom and dad....you have really been blessed with great parents, Jill!!!

Jessica said...

Love the gratitude idea!! I'm jumping on the bandwagon, too.