Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tumbleweeds and an old lady?!?!?!

Who would have thougth that this...and this....(not the real old lady)
could do this.....?



So yesterday I was driving along with three of my kids and my niece and my sister was following me with Bekah. I am just driving along minding my own business in the fast lane when all of a sudden the car in front of me comes to a complete STOP in the FAST LANE!!!!! So of course in my big beast of a car I did not slow down in time, and I rammed the little old lady in her Honda Accord. Everyone was fine, but there were four kids who were FREAKING oI rut. I knew it was an old lady because I couldn't see her over the seat. As I rushed to make sure she was ok, she just kept saying sorry I didn't know what to do. I was trying to be really nice but what I wanted to do was scream that you came to a complete stop for a WEED???????? At the end of all this as my trasmission fluid is leaking all over the place and the bumper is about to pop my $300 tire and I am talking to the cop who I am sure finds the tumbleweed incident very amusing and waiting for the tow truck I do realize that this could have turned out a lot worse and I am grateful that all my little passengers in the back all ok and in the end the final outcome is just going to be a big headache and for that I am grateful.

8 comments:

Rearun said...

Oh man. I hope when I'm an old lady and cause an accident, people will be nice to me too. Actually, when Kendall was little, I did cause an accident and the other driver was so nice and understanding. I will never forget their kindness. I'm sure the old lady appreciates your kindness as well.

Aimee said...

I'm so glad that you are all ok. DWO can be quite a problem. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get your car fixed. What a nightmare.

Erin said...

Oh, wow. Oh, wow.

Jessica said...

Oh my word!! That is a story! Glad everyone is okay. That is the most important thing. What a headache, though!!

LaDawn said...

So...what car are we going to be driving around in now? :)

meg.. said...

Oh my! So glad everyone is OK.

Leanne said...

Am I going to have to drive next week or did you get your car fixed?

quietrope said...

That is so funny. You know, except for the part where you have to fix your car and all. Over here we totally swerve to hit the tumbleweed to watch it explode. the kids love it. We also swerve to hit puddles, which is dangerous when there is a pot hole under it that you can't see. Still fun though. Kind of makes us sound like reckless drivers. Havn't had an accident yet though, so I think we are good.
By the way, your family is so cute. And my moms says hi.