Friday, February 6, 2009

Cruisin to Cabo

Last week Rob and I went on a cruise to Cabo. We had so much fun. This was our first real vacation in a really long time. Now that Luke is almost a year and weaned it was a great time to go. Thanks to mom and dad and Dave and Jamie for helping with the kids. We had a great time.




Anyone who knows Rob well knows that he is a fountain of random knowledge so this is his ship on a stick trophy for winning a trivia game. The kids were really impressed.

On our way into Cabo. It was so beautiful.
On the ferry over to Cabo.
Our ship the Elation
So this guy was trying to sell us a water tour around Cabo and the bottom of his sign said LDS specials so we talked to him for awhile and Adolfo ended up talking us on our own personal tour. We hopped on the city bus had YUMMY street tacos and saw the church building in Cabo. He is serving as the YM pres. in his branch. He was such a great guy. We had a great time with him.
Us in front of the church. I couldn't believe how small it was. The building on the right was the chapel then on the left was all the classrooms with the basketball court outside in front of the building.
On the water taxi over to Lover's Beach. Look how beautiful the water is. This is where the Pacific ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. The day was perfect. It was about 85 degrees and the water was about 72 degrees.




7 comments:

Pyatt said...

Those are great pictures...the vacation thing is great. Thanks for helping with Mackenzie yesterday. We slept in, skied all day, sat in the hot tub and now we're going for pizza...love ya!

meg.. said...

What an awesome vacation. Lucky you!

Jessica said...

Awesome pictures! I love the water. It was beautiful on our side, too. I wish I would have taken some pictures of it! Last night Scott and I sat down and looked at our budget for the year, and I don't think we're going to be able to go out there this year. I think we'll shoot for it next year. I'm bummed!! We have too many expensive things this year.

Erin said...

Ok, I'm a wee bit jealous. I've never been on a cruise. It looks so warm and so pretty!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Looks like you and Robert has a blast! so glad that you got away! I think you should do it again

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

Jill I wish I could comment with a picture . .we have a picture from our honeymoon with us standing in front of the same chapel. seriously I several of the same pictures, the arch, getting wasted on a boat after 5 pina colada's, party dresses for the cruise dinners, etc etc

(for clarification I was wasted due to a growth in my belly not from the virgin colada's)
Kim

karen louise said...

Wow, Jill! Looks like you had an amazing time in Cabo! I was so excited to see your pictures! If only I could be somewhere like that right now...just about right now.... :)