Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day this year. I had breakfast in bed for the first time ever, even though I had to send out a strong hint, it still was great. Rob fixed me one of his famous egg sandwiches which I love with yummy hot cocoa that the kids made. Then they gave me their cards they made me. After church we headed to my mom's where Rob's parents and Jamie and her family came. It is nice to have both parents so close so we can celebrate it together. We had yummy food and good visiting. As I was at my parents last night I realized how blessed I am to have a mom like I do. She has taught me so much throughout my life and has been such an example of love and compassion. I am also blessed to have such an awesome mother-in-law. A lot of people can't say that but I love her so much. She is one of my closest friends and Rob and I feel so blessed to have our families so close and even better we all get along.

This is me and Bekah at the 2nd grade Mother's Day tea party where they sang to us. It took a lot of convincing to let Bekah know that we didn't have to drink the tea and it was ok to have water. She was very worried.



This is Tanner's card he made for me at school. If you notice the last line he says I love him like a pet. What is funny is that he knows that I don't really like pets, even though we have one. Is he trying to tell me something? Cute!!


I had to throw this picture in of my mother in law. They left last night before I got a picture. This is the night they got their mission call. They are great examples of service to us.

6 comments:

Pyatt said...

Cute post sis!! However, that pic of mom and the two of us...I look like I had been at the Home Town Buffet for the last 24 hours! ARG

karen louise said...

Yes, you do have an amazing mom...I remember her very clearly when you lived here in Utah... :)

Leanne said...

So glad to hear that you had a nice Mother's day. I love the picture of you and Bekah. How come the school's never have a mother/son event? It's always mother/daughter or father/son! I am so looking forward to having daughter-in-laws. You're an awesome mom!

Jessica said...

Scott and Rob must have been on the same page b/c this was the first time I had breakfast in bed, too! Glad you had a great Mother's Day, and you do have a great mom and mother-in-law :-)

Joanna said...

You're awesome Jill. Happy mother's day (late). :)

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

so cute Jill! Happy Mother's Day to you too!