Tuesday, April 27, 2010

January catch up


January is supposed to be a month of rest and recovery after the holidays right????? Not for us. This crazy girl turned 9 and being the great mom that I am, have no pictures to prove it!!!

We made another fun trip to Disneyland!! We have definitely enjoyed our season passes.

This major event in January was my dad's surgery. They had to go in and remove his T2 vertebrae because of cancer and in it's place they put a steel rod and mesh plate. He will eventually start to grow his own bone. The human body is so amazing!!! But in the meantime.....
he gets to wear this lovely brace. And yes it is as bad as it looks. For those of you that know my dad, patience is not one of his strong suits, so this has been quite the growing experience for him and my mom has always been blessed with patience (thank goodness) so she has been taking really good care of him. He has been doing really well and he is back to work now so that has helped a lot. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mom and dad and I am grateful for the many wonderful blessings that our family has received this year!!!
Last but not least, Tanner went on his first outing as an 11 year old scout. Hiking in the canyon across the street from our house!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I didn't know your dad had to wear a brace. Poor guy! My dad had surgery on his arm a couple months ago and had to wear an apparatus on his arm for 6 weeks so he couldn't open his arm all the way. I can't imagine him having to wear a brace. I'll have to show him your blog so that he can see how lucky he was. Give your dad my best.

Pyatt said...

YEAH...so good to see you catching up! :) We need to get to Disneyland before all of our blackout days get here.