Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Part 2 Angel's Landing

So for my birthday Rob and I and Dave and Jamie went for a quick weekend up to Zion's to hike Angel's Landing. I have heard so much about it and have wanted to do it for a long time. I think Zion is my new favorite place. It is so beautiful. The hike was so fun, and once I was at the top all those switchbacks were worth it:)


This is at the very beginning and the top of Angels Landing is right behind me.

This cluster of switchbacks were called "Walter's wiggles". This was a tough part of the hike and the whole time I am going up these I am reminding myself that it is fun, and that the hotel pool would not be more fun:)
I love seeing signs saying DANGER deaths do occur please watch your children or in my case my husband. You can see why I needed to keep an eye on him. He loved laying over the edge so I could get pictures of the bottom.



Robert and Matt had a lot of fun at the top, I just would have preferred it not be with 1200 foot drops all around us. CRAZY!!!
We made it!!!

These two did Mt. Whitney last summer, what's next? Maybe Grand Canyon next summer?


This last picture is a picture of the trail on the way to the top. For those of you who have not been there it is amazing. You actually climb up that ridge using chains. It is a little intense, so fun though. I really want to do it again when my kids are all old enough and Robert when I mean old enough I mean 16 not 10!!!!!

4 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

i love that hike! so fun....makes me want to do it again soon!

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

Oh my gosh that was steep! Such a pretty view though!

Traci said...

what a fun trip! ok i have been to zion's, but was too big a baby to hike angels landing! way to go!
yes- zions in beau-ti-ful for sure!!!!

Jessica said...

Those men are crazy!! Fun picture of Rob, though I would have been screaming. You know how adventurous I am... NOT! Glad you had a fun birthday!!